Be Part of the Mystic Team
We are seeking passionate individuals to be an integral part of the Mystic Mountain Adventures team, to help us better serve our participants and our community, and continue the growth and success of the programming we offer! With unprecedented demand for our service, we can’t wait to see what the season and coming years have in store.
You’ll join a professional hard-working team of close friends based in Fernie B.C. delivering outstanding experiences to hundreds of participants. If you; love mountain bikes, are passionate about helping others discover their riding potential, and you are dedicated to positively contributing to the community, we’d love to hear from you!
- Remuneration: $25-$40/hr commensurate with skills and experience
- Position: Program Coordinator – Instructor. Part-Time/Casual contract with negotiable hours. Primary season of instructing is currently May through September with intermittent administrative workload throughout the year.
- Location: Fernie BC. We’re also open to self-motivated candidates in other Western Canadian destinations.
About Mystic Mountain AdventuresMystic Mountain Adventures is the premier provider of Professional Mountain Bike Instruction, Camps, Clinics, and Skills Sessions in Fernie BC. Whether it’s putting tires on dirt for the first time or mastering jumps and drops, at Mystic Mountain Adventures we are passionate about creating opportunities for kids and adults to learn new skills, build confidence, improve physical dexterity, connect with nature, and have fun on bikes! Our programs use a combination of skill and game based teaching making it easy and enjoyable to learn and practice techniques before taking them to the trail. We offer programs for riders from five to seventy-five, and beginner to advanced. Providing affordable outstanding experiences and incredible customer service to the individuals, families, and communities that support us is the key to our success.
Your RoleYou’re more than a Mountain Bike Instructor or guide. You’re part of the team, you’re dedicated to the continued growth and success of Mystic Mountain Adventures, and excited about your potential career growth with us.
- Instructing and guiding youth and adult programs to the highest industry standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service engaging with customers and potential customers whether in person, on the phone, by email, or on social media.
- Delivering lessons to participants of all ages and abilities including site set up, greeting participants and family members, administration of participant lists and waivers, as well as taking notes and preparing participant evaluations.
- Assist with coordinating and scheduling programs.
- Assist with developing and continually improving detailed lesson plans and itineraries.
- Participate in Mystic Mountain Adventures training and instructor shadowing.
- Pursue your own professional development annually to better serve participants and maintain valid certifications.
- Conduct yourself as a positive role model in the community in your work and personal life.
Your Skills and Experience
- You hold a valid PMBIA certification or equivalent. Preference will be given to those with higher levels of certification or who possess additional training and certification from other associations such as NCCP or BICP. Further certification through the IGA or ACMG considered an asset.
- You have a valid Wilderness First Aid Certificate.
- You have a minimum of three years of experience actively working as a certified instructor.
- You are willing and able to obtain a clean RCMP Vulnerable Sector Check
- You have a valid Canadian Operator’s License (Driver’s License) and a vehicle for transporting skills equipment, such as cones and ramps, as well as your bicycle.
- You have a late model mountain bike in excellent repair that reflects your role as an industry professional and is suitable for trail riding.
- Proficient in the use of a variety of administrative software applications including excel, google apps, drop box etc. Experience with web design, graphic design, ecommerce considered an asset.
- You have outstanding communication skills and an infectious, outgoing, positive, approachable, demeanor with everyone you encounter, even in challenging situations.
- You excel at establishing order and structure while maintaining a comfortable, enjoyable, fun environment.
SubmissionsWe want to hear from you! Submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant accompanying documents or links to firstname.lastname@example.org. Because we are a small team in the midst of an incredibly busy season, we respectfully ask for no phone calls. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We continually strive to offer the most amazing experiences and value to the community and we’re looking for the most amazing people to join our team!
Mystic Mountain Adventures
Tracey, Jake, Kat, Sam, and Lu